As SSC CHSL examination offers great job opportunities to the candidates in the different government departments and ministries across the country, the examination serves as the popular recruitment examination in the country. Although it might not be the toughest exam in the country but the competition is very strong. If you apply the right dedication and consistent hard work, you can successfully crack SSC CHSL Exam 2018.
In order to crack any competitive examination, you should begin your preparation with getting to know the exam pattern and syllabus, the structure of questions, important topics, best study material and some useful tricks and tips. To excel in the examination without coaching, all you need the correct action with right guidance to crack CHSL exam.
How to start your preparation for SSC CHSL Exam 2018?
- Know the complete exam pattern of SSC CHSL
- Tier 1 online exam with total questions, 25 questions from 4 sections. The time duration is 75 minutes and four sections i.e. English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and General Intelligence carries 50 maximum marks.
- Tier 2 being the descriptive exam comprises of Essay Writing and Application and have 50 as maximum marks.
- Tier 3 is based on skill and typing test only.
- CHSL Exam Syllabus
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||
- Best Books for SSC CHSL 2018
To commence your preparation for an exam, it is imperative to have the right amount of resources with you. Make sure to have good books with all the latest edition.
- Reasoning Books
- Lucent Reasoning – Arihant Publication
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning- A K Gupta
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning- R S Aggarwal
- Quantitative Ability Books
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic- Arihant Publication
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths- M-Tyra
- SSC Mathematics 7300+ – Abhinay Sharma Publication
- English Books
- Corrective English – A K Singh
- Plinth to Paramount – Neetu Singh
- Objective General English -S P Bakshi
- General Awareness Books
- General Knowledge – Manohar Pandey
- Lucent G.K (Objective Questions) – Dr Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul
- Lucent G.K (Theory) – Dr Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul
- SSC CHSL Exam Preparation Tips
- Tricks for Reasoning- Understand the concepts clearly. You can make your own set of short tricks and formulas by practising the mock test and previous year question paper and then analysing your mistakes. Learn to balance the time and each section. Leave the puzzles for the end and start this section with direction and distances, blood relations, coding-decoding.
- Tips for Quantitative Aptitude-Improvise your ideas and concepts of the numerical questions. Learn some quick and easy tricks for solving calculations. Try to avoid lengthy calculations. You should be well-versed with concepts and formulas. Attempt quadratic equation, simplification first.
- Tips for General Awareness- Easiest section. Keep in mind all the major happenings in the world. Check your knowledge and awareness of ongoing affairs. Clarity of thoughts and calm mind is the best trick to play with this section.
- Tricks for English- Improve your grammatical skills and learn new words on every day basis. You can use the elimination process as well in this section. Read the questions carefully as this will help you in solving the questions quickly. First, try to solve cloze test or para jumbles as they are bit tricky.
- Some Bonus tips to crack SSC CHSL in the first attempt
- Attentive assessment of Notification- You should read all the official notification of the exam. Apart from exam pattern and syllabus, the notification also contains some important guidelines which you must know.
- Previous year question paper-The benefit of solving the previous year question paper let you the exam structure, the difficulty level, your weak and strong areas and important topic as per weightage.
- Answer question confidently- With confidence, you can make or reduce the chances of selection. Do not mess up with the questions because of time duration. Stay positive and calm to score a good rank in the examination.
- Avoid guesswork and wrong attempt- Keep in mind that your marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. If you are sure about the answer, then only go for it else move to the next question.
We hope these preparation tips for SSC CHSL exam 2018 will surely help you. Execute all these planning in your preparation and practice as much as you can. All the best for the exam!
Feedback and suggestions are welcome here!
Don’t forget to download SSC CHSL app from Google Play Store. It provides free study material, quizzes, mock test, online practice set, previous year question papers, and all the notifications related SSC CHSL exams.Checkout here Other examination topics.